Subject Representatives (see below for subject letters)
The ‘subject rep’ role is neither an official welfare or academic role; however, it can be valuable if done properly. As such, there are several things which all subject reps are expected to do. Duties:
- Welcome letter to Freshers (to go in JPC fresher packs).
- Organise Subject Lunch in Freshers’ Week.
- Be particularly available in the first few weeks of Michaelmas to help Freshers with difficulties settling into their new subject.
- Be available to provide support throughout the year, and aware of where to direct students needed further assistance.
- Help with difficulties accessing revision and study materials and, where appropriate, revision and exam techniques.
None of this is intended to take large amounts of time - Directors of Studies and Tutors are officially there from College, and the JPC has a full welfare team to help. The main purpose of the Subject Reps should be as a link between the various resources, College and University, that are already there.
The current Subject Reps., and their CRSIDs, are:
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic
- Architecture - Aman Sahota, as2573
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies - John McLeod,
- Classics - Poppy McLean, pm554
- Computer Science - Jamie Fox, jf549
- Economics - Charlotte Pearson, cep61
- Engineering - Mrinank Sharma,
- English: Phil Gull and Joanna Taylor, prtg2, jt613
- History - Hannah Brown and Eliza Dickinson, hb467, ed463
- History of Art - Cora Chalaby, ctc42
- Human, Social, and Political Sciences - Leila Senegri and Evie Aspinall, ls704, eba22
- Land Economy - Pedro Ornelas, jpclo2
- Law - Leila Cazaly, lc651
- Linguistics - Charlie Thorpe, ct496
- Mathematics - Harry Roberts, hsr25
- Medicine - Amy Thompson, at697
- Modern and Medieval Languages - Lucy D'Urso, lid23
- Music - Ben Smith, bts30
- Natural Sciences (biological) - Ben Mortishire-Smith and Ellie Hunt, bm491, ee289
- Philosophy - Demi Cole, dc632
- Psychological and Behavioural Sciences - Sophie Naddell, sn453
- Theology and Religious Studies -
- Veterinary Medicine - Claudia Welbourn-Green, clw73
Each Subject Rep. writes a subject letter for the incoming Freshers. This years letters are displayed below: